I am a website content and usability expert, working as WorldWide Writing for over 15 years.
My full CV is available at http://www.visualcv.com/cdonahue
My web work is focused on clear, relevant content and usable architecture. I keep the writing short, readable and accurate, and set up websites so users get the content they want with the fewest possible distractions. I favor flat, consistent navigation and an uncluttered design.
- Writing and Editing
- Website usability
And additional experience with:
Recent clients include:
- American Institute for Innovative Apprenticeship, Washington, D.C. (March 2013 – Present). Reorganized content for greater usability and managed a complete redesign for fledgling nonprofit website. Retained as consultant for content management and website development.
- King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia (October 2013). Reviewed newly launched website for usability, focusing particularly on content organization.
- Kratos Learning Solutions, Washington, D.C. (October 2012 – Present). Reviewed the Department of Education’s LINCS and Adult Career Pathways websites for usability, and made recommendations to improve the user experience. Also did a detailed content and copy edit of both websites. Ongoing consultant to Kratos on website content and usability.
- An Lab Theatre Company, Dingle, Ireland (May 2012 – September 2012). Made it possible for theatre staff to update the An Lab website with new events and photos via secure, online forms. Old events are automatically sorted onto the archive page. Created the system with MySQL, PHP, AJAX, JQuery and CSS.
- Cork Folklore Project, Cork, Ireland (2011 – Present). Brought oral history archive to life with a map-based, database-driven website (original test website created for UCC Computer Science Master’s project). Retained by the CFP as consultant to improve and build upon the new resource (www.corkmemorymap.org).